How do I transfer a domain name away from eNom?
If you choose to work with a different registrar and need to transfer your registration away from eNom, you will need to remove the registrar lock (.com, .net, .tv, .org, .info, .in) from your domain name and verify that the whois information for the registrant AND administrative contacts is current, including valid email address(es).If you are transferring an EPP domain, (.org, .cc, .info, .biz, .us, .com.cn, .net.cn, .org.cn, .cn and .in) an EPP/authorization key is required and can be obtained from within your eNom account or through your reseller. Transferring your domain to another registrar is different from changing your nameservers, or "transferring your domain to your hosting company." Please see DNS and Nameservers section for assistance with updating your DNS records.Below are the steps to follow to remove the lock from your domain name to enable it to be transferred away from eNom.
- Login to your eNom account (see below if you do not have a direct eNom account). From the DOMAINS menu, select my domains. Click on the domain name to access the Domain Control Panel. Scroll to the UTILITIES section at the bottom of the page and click the Set Auto-Renew/Registrar-Lock Options for Domain Names and Services link. Remove the check mark from the "Do not allow this domain to be transferred to a different registrar." check-box.
- Click the save changes button.
NOTE: Removal of registrar lock does not initiate transfer of a domain; it only updates the domain status to “ACTIVE”, thus enabling registrar transfer.
You can check domain status http://registrar.verisign-grs.com/whois/ http://www.enom.com/domains/whois.asp and conducting a 'whois' search for the domain(s).
If the domain is an "EPP domain", (.org, .biz, .info, .cn, .us, .in, com.cn, .net.cn and .org.cn) there may not be a registrar lock, but you will need the EPP/authorization key. This information can be found within the Domain Control Panel.
- Login to your eNom account.From the DOMAINS menu, select my domains.Click on the domain name to access the Domain Control Panel.Scroll to the UTILITIES section at the bottom of the page and click the Contact/Whois Information link
- The EPP/authorization key is displayed beneath the Auxiliary Billing Contact at to the bottom of this page.
Transfer restrictions and additional information
- A domain name must be at least 60 days old before the registries will allow it to be transferred between registrars. Once the lock is removed and the name is past the 60 day registry restriction, the domain will be active and fully transferable to your new registrar.
- Due to a registry restriction (not eNom or any other registrar, but the global registry), if a domain is renewed and then transferred to another registrar within the first 45 days of renewal, the domain will not have an additional year added to the expiration date.
Note: our DNS services are provided at no cost while your domain is registered with us. If your domain is utilizing our DNS services, and is transferred away to another registrar, you would need to purchase DNS hosting. Your domain will not continue to resolve to our name servers once it has been transferred away from the eNom credential and marked as transferred away within our database.
**If you do not have a direct eNom account, please contact your reseller to obtain this information. If you do not know the name of your reseller, go to our "help" page and enter your domain name in the Reseller Information Retrieval Tool: http://www.enom.com/help/
هل كانت المقالة مفيدة ؟
اقرأ أيضاً :
Before registering a domain name, of course everyone will be having anxiety to know whether the...
A domain name is not a website. It's simply an address someone uses to find a website. If you...
If you registered your domain with another registrar and would like to use MisterCertified for...
To register a domain name, you will be asked to provide the registrar you select with the various...
My Site is not working or slow. You have attempted to load your site and it appears to be...