Using iWeb program
Apple iWeb is a template-based WYSIWYG website creation tool. Your iWeb program is designed by default to publish a site to your MobileMe account (formerly your .mac account).
However, you do have the power to publish to another hosting company, like FastWebHost.
If you have iWeb '09 (version 3.0) or later, follow these steps from the Mac on which you published your web site.
To check which version of iWeb you have choose iWeb > About iWeb.
1. Open iWeb '09 and click the name of the site you want to publish in the left sidebar. The Site Publishing Settings window appears.
2. In the Site Publishing Settings window, choose FTP Server from the Publish to drop-down menu.
3. Enter the following information:
- Site name (optional)
- Contact email (optional)
- FTP server address NOTE - Your FTP login details were sent via email when you signed up for your hosting account
- User name
- Directory and path - upload your website files and folders directly to your /public_html directory, this is also known as your remote directory. Your homepage should be named "index.html" in order for your website to find and display your website properly.
- Protocol and port - is set by default with your FastWebHost hosting
4. Click the Test Connection button to make sure you have entered your information correctly.
5. Enter the URL for your website
6. Click the Publish Site button
You can learn more here. Read Chapter 2, sections 2.1 and 2.2.
Was this answer helpful?
FTP (File Transfer Protocol ) is a client-server protocol, which allows a user on one computer to...
Your default filename is index.html or index.htm page. So you can reach your site instead of...
A very widely used FTP client for the Mac OS is Fetch, located at: http://www.fetchsoftworks.com/
ASCII and Binary are modes by which you are going to transfer your files into your web server....
You can upload files through FTP when your domain under propagation also. You need to use server...